Associate Actuary, Health-8304
Associate Actuary, Individual Health
One of the fastest-growing and most profitable health carriers has a created a newly-created Associate Actuary role for its Commercial Individual products group. The Associate Actuary is a hands-on technical role with responsibility for supporting pricing of commercial products in selected member health plans.
Although you will be joining a multi-billion-dollar, Fortune 75 company, because it is comprised of dozens of local and regional plans, you will have a very visible presence in this role.
With the support and guidance of a group of actuaries, you, in essence, will be the actuary responsible for pricing products for the equivalent of a large regional health plan and have regular interaction with its CEO and other top executives.
· Three (3) or more years’ healthcare actuarial experience; Individual/ACA or some other health products pricing experience preferred.
· Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (ASA/FSA; near ASA may be considered).
· Pharmacy/Rx experience highly valued
· Communication is key; collaboration with non-actuarial departments is essential.
· Advanced Excel & SQL experience is requisite, R programming is a plus.
Why is this role compelling?
· This is the closest to a startup feel you can experience, while still within a Fortune 75 company.
· Exciting - able to form jobs around skills and interests.
· Advancement opportunities are abundant; internal promotions and compensation increases are common and virtually uncapped.
· This is a fast-track into an individual-contributor pricing role and then on to management.