Actuarial Analyst - Health - 9972
Consulting Firm in the Southeast US has a need for a Health Actuarial Analyst. The incumbent will perform data analysis using Excel, SAS, R, Python while working with proprietary company programs to assist with consulting for various health insurance work areas, such as Medicare, Commercial / ACA, Medicaid, Pharmacy, Provider, and more. Analysts also assist with consulting for other types of companies including pharmaceutical manufacturers, pharmacy benefit managers, and others. The role will involve assignments which include pricing, reserving, financial projections, and detailed claims cost analytics. Actuarial Analysts are also responsible for reviewing the work of peers, assisting with research and product development. The Actuarial Analyst is expected to make strong progress through the actuarial exams.
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
· At least two actuarial exams passed
· At least 2 years of experience in an actuarial role
· Experience working with SAS, VBA, R, Python, or other coding languages is advantageous
· Experience with Medicare Advantage programs, Medicaid programs, commercial individual/group insurance, pharmacy, or provider risk-taking programs strongly preferred