Actuarial Analyst - Pension-9108
Client looking to add a Pension Actuarial Analyst (Analyst) to a growing practice. The Analyst will work, independently and in a team environment, under the guidance and mentorship of talented consultants with the ability to advance to higher-level positions within the company. The company will help support the Analyst in their pursuit of actuarial credentials through a competitive actuarial exam program.
· Completing actuarial valuations for multiemployer pension plans under the supervision of experienced actuaries and consultants.
· Assisting with special projects related to emerging retirement plan issues.
· Creating and updating actuarial valuation software, Microsoft Excel workbooks, and Microsoft Access databases.
· Analyzing census data, liabilities, and assets to identify historical and projected future trends.
· Preparing effective presentations for communicating results to clients.
· Able to work well within a team atmosphere and is highly collaborative.
· Expectational attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software (high proficiency in Excel and Access desirable).
1 to 3 years of experience working at an actuarial consulting firm is preferred.
· Experience with defined benefit pension plans, especially multiemployer plans, is preferred.
· At least 1 actuarial exam passed is required (2 to 3 exams passed is preferred).
· Experience with ProVal (an actuarial valuation software) is preferred.