Actuarial Analyst - Pension-9521
Client looking to add an experienced actuarial analyst to their growing practice to provide employee retirement benefit services to clients under the guidance of actuaries. Responsibilities of the position include general support to the consulting actuaries and other members of the team. The Actuarial Analyst will play a role in managing client relationships while also handling pension administration tasks and routine projects.
· Assist in preparation of recurring basic actuarial valuation and compliance work for qualified retirement plans of assigned clients, including:
· actuarial funding valuations (corporate and public)
· accounting valuations
· government form preparation
· Assist in the preparation and presentation of materials for clients.
· Provide support on corporate and governmental OPEB plans
· Provide analysis and assistance on special projects.
· Provide input to actuary and/or consultant on appropriate steps to complete required work.
· Work with the consultant to understand how his or her work fits into the overall project.
· 2+ years of relevant benefits experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of one actuarial exam (more than one is a plus)
· Strong technical skills, IRS funding valuations or public plan valuations, (calculations required under PPA, funding, and accounting rules preferred), preparing government forms, valuation data preparation, etc.
· Strong technical skills, previous IRS funding valuations, (calculations required under PPA, funding, and accounting rules preferred), preparing government forms, valuation data preparation, etc.
· Ability to manage own workflow
· Ability to work independently
· Must be motivated with strong oral and written communication skills
· Pursuing actuarial exams with goal of becoming an EA, ASA
· Strong team player