Actuarial Analyst - Pension - Remote - 9861
Client looking to add an experienced Actuarial Analyst to their growing practice on a remote basis. This position will work with defined benefit plans with a primary focus on Pennsylvania public sector pension plans.
· Actuarial Valuations for Public & Private Sector Defined Benefit Pension Plans
o Request, organize, and review participant data for reasonableness
o Run annual valuation using actuarial valuation software
o Prepare valuation results to be presented to the actuary
o Draft reports
· Benefit Calculations for Plan Participants
o Prepare benefit certifications including calculation of all optional forms of payment
§ Regular termination and retirement calculations
§ Required Minimum Distribution calculations
§ QDRO calculations
o Draft Government Filings (Form 5500s, PBGC premiums, 8955-SSA)
o Annual Regulatory Compliance Checks
· Ability to analyze the situation and provide solutions
· Prompt follow-up on open items with vendors, clients or internal team members
· Demonstrates excellent attendance, punctuality and time management
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and ability to learn different software platforms and applications
· Ability to maintain data entry accuracy while multitasking and focusing to meet deadlines
· Conveys a professional and positive attitude while interacting with vendors, clients and internal team members
· Minimum 3 years of prior work experience related to defined benefit actuarial/administration services. Ability to prepare retirement paperwork including calculating actuarially equivalent optional forms of payment. Governmental plans will be primary focus of this role, so past experience with these plans is highly desired.
· Proficient with ProVal actuarial valuation software
· Familiarity with OPEB plans is preferred
Must have ProVal experience to be considered. Must be able to run a full actuarial valuation from data input, assumption updates, review of sample lives, output report.