Actuarial Associate - Pension - Remote - 9993
Growing small plan actuarial firm currently looking for the right administrator/actuary with small business cash balance plan experience.
To qualify for the position one would ideally have 2+ years of experience administering and consulting on small to mid-size cash balance plans. Responsibilities include everything related to handling a Cash Balance or Defined Benefit Plan with fewer than 500 participants.
This is a virtual position where you would be expected to work from home.
· Perform and possibly review actuarial valuations for defined benefit and cash balance plans in accordance with IRS laws and regulations
· Prepare and possibly review annual non-discrimination testing for qualified pension plans including Cash Balance, Defined Benefit, 401(k), Profit Sharing, and Money Purchase plans.
· Prepare and possibly review PBGC filings and notices
· Prepare and possibly review annual FASB reports
· Prepare and possibly review distribution packages and annual participant statements
· Prepare, possibly review, and timely deliver government form filings (IRS & DOL form 5500, Schedule SB, etc.)
· Prepare preliminary design studies and projections that will meet all nondiscrimination requirements
· Establish and maintain qualified form of plan legal documents, including all amendments
· Prepare, possibly review, and consult regarding plan termination filings with IRS and PBGC
· Lead and/or participate in retirement plan consulting projects
· Direct client contact and new business development is at your discretion and will be rewarded but not required
· Ability to work in energized, fast paced environment.
· At least 2 years of relevant small plan actuarial experience
· Knowledge of business entities as they relate to plan compensation and plan design
· Understand client business issues and be able to understand how they affect the retirement plan
· Thorough knowledge of Cash Balance Plans.