Actuarial Consultant - Pension-9157
Are you a retirement actuary looking to work in a stable segment under the pension umbrella? This role is one to consider. Client looking to add an experienced pension actuary to their growing practice. Job would ideally be based in Chicago, but can also consider in Detroit, Minneapolis and/or Cleveland as well.
Actuary will be accountable for providing a level of review and consulting expertise and actuarial services (valuations and reports, special projects and other relevant consulting projects) to assigned clients.
The role requires:
• a competent understanding of actuarial concepts, methods and applications
• the ability to apply this knowledge in a variety of problem-solving situations
• a big picture perspective to understanding, defining and responding to client needs and
• the ability to develop and gain support for recommendations in response to complex issues.
• Providing a level of review to valuation reports and actuarial projects to ensure high quality client deliverables
• Providing technical guidance to and mentoring junior colleagues and serving as a technical resource
• Presenting at client meetings
• Participating on special projects designed to address emerging and/or unique retirement issues posed by client organizations.
• A minimum of 4 actuarial exams passed with active progression to credentialed status required (ASA preferred)
• minimum of 6 years of pension actuarial experience to include working in an employee benefits consulting environment
• strong client service skills and technical expertise
• excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with diverse and sophisticated audiences
• experience with Multiemployer or Public Sector defined benefit plans beneficial