Actuarial Director -- Med Advantage-8771
Insurance group seeking a Director with Medicare Advantage experience to step into a leadership role. This position has direct reports day 1 and is highly visible. You must live in or move to the Detroit area but flexible work arrangments are allowed.
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and leading the actuarial division that supports multiple business units. Ensures segment leaders are aware of key data and trends aiding them in decision making.
- Lead a team of actuaries in their development of optimizing multi-year financial projections and health plan actuarial
- Provide strategic support in the development of programs, approaches, and strategies for major business segments and
executives while supporting corporate goals and objectives.
- Direct and manage technical, actuarial and statistical approaches to modeling and evaluating market and financial
- Provide oversight and leadership to business processes to support market segments in optimizing financial results.
- Direct, review and produce department output including monthly reserves, monthly p/l analysis, financial projections and
provide effective solutions to complex business problems
- Provide consultation to key business partners, executive staff, and board of directors through the presentation of findings
and recommendations, strategies and work products that maximize knowledge transfer, financial health and segment
- Remain current on actuarial techniques, seek development and improvement opportunities and gain understanding of
corporate/cross-functional objectives and cultural beliefs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience of responsible actuarial practice in health insurance required.
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries required.
- Must have a core understanding of health insurance dynamics including all reserving practices and techniques
- Must have a deep understanding in pricing and / or forecasting
- Proven ability to define, lead and evaluate data and approaches for new evaluation processes.
- Experienced with multiple lines of business (MA vs. commercial) and actuarial functions (trend, pricing, product design,
projection, and capital planning).
- Ability to construct executive presentations for strategic decision making.
- Experienced in communicating with key internal and external stakeholders, including p/l leaders, CFO, board of directors,
customers, and providers.