Actuarial Manager -- Med Advantage-8772
Assist in setting provider targets for risk contracting with our physician and hospital providers, including support for Value Based Contracting and other provider contracting efforts. Support provider enablement efforts by monitoring and reporting provider performance, identifying opportunities and developing projections. Assess provider performance under risk contracts and determine financial impacts.
Responsible to plan, organize, direct, control and lead assigned business unit, operating within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of capital, manpower, and equipment.
- Conduct research, validate data and make recommendations using advanced principles in order to resolve a variety of problems in the absence of guidelines or precedents.
- Manage activities of a department including but not limited to: performance of major actuarial functions, planning, problem solving, staff development, communication and review of actuarial policies and internal procedures; coordinate across departments and divisions.
- Present key objectives to executive leadership as needed and represent organization on industry task forces and work groups.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to innovate and develop new processes, procedures and solutions considering corporate impact and consequences of recommendations.
- Plan, lead and deliver projects utilizing a comprehensive understanding of complex actuarial principles and practices.
- Communicate utilizing collaboration and influence with key business partners; present findings and recommendations that maximize knowledge transfer and segment growth.
- Remain current on actuarial techniques, seek development and improvement opportunities and understand corporate/cross-functional objectives and cultural beliefs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science or related area.
- Six (6) years of actuarial experience.
- ASA or FSA designation preferred.
-Prior Med Advantage Actuarial experience