Actuary - Pension-9153
Are you a retirement actuary looking to work in a more stable segment under the retirement umbrella? This is a role to consider. Job would ideally be based in Chicago, but also open to Minneapolis, Detroit and possibly even Cleveland.
Role will include a range of responsibilities that include final reviewing, managing projects, mentoring/guiding others, providing technical support on complex client projects and related actuarial issues, specifically with Public Sector retirement clients.
This Actuary is accountable for providing a high level of consulting expertise and actuarial services (valuations and reports, special projects and other relevant consulting projects) to assigned clients.
a competent understanding of complex actuarial concepts, methods and applications
• the ability to creatively apply this knowledge in a variety of problem-solving situations
• a big picture orientation to understanding, defining and responding to client needs and
• the ability to develop and gain support for recommendations in response to complex issues.
• Reviewing valuation reports and actuarial projects using advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to ensure high quality client deliverables
• Applying an understanding of complex actuarial concepts, methods and applications
• Providing technical guidance to and mentoring junior colleagues
• Presenting at client meetings and providing guidance on complex issues
• Participating on special projects designed to address emerging and/or unique retirement issues posed by client organizations.
• FSA credential, or near FSA required (EA credential beneficial). ASA will still be considered.
• minimum of 8 years of pension actuarial experience to include working in an employee benefits consulting environment
• strong client service skills and technical expertise
• excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with diverse and sophisticated audiences
• experience with Public Sector defined benefit plans (experience with Multiemployer plans beneficial)