An independent and regional retirement plan consulting and administration firm looking for a detailed, driven actuary to join a Defined Benefit team. This individual will serve as a Pension Actuary, providing actuarial and consulting support to current client base of group retirement plans. This is an opportunity to get exposure and growth to many different types of clients and can offer a great deal of responsibility as well.
· Willing to consider candidates from 2-15 years of relevant experience. Role can be flexible and molded to fit candidate's experience and qualifications.
Ideally would have an ASA or EA designation, but also willing to consider candidates who are still pursuing exams.
· Self-driven, entrepreneurial spirit
· Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills
· Interest in programming a plus
This is NOT a remote role and does require the individual to work onsite in an office. Hybrid schedule possible, but not in the first year.
· Prepare/Review Defined Benefit, Cash Balance, Welfare and associated valuations
· Corporate, Public and Taft-Hartley plan administration
· Prepare/Review benefit calculations and IRS/PBGC Forms and filings
· Assist in Plan design and review of Plan Documents
· Consult on all aspects of plan operation
Potential for cross exposure into investment space as well.