Actuary - Pension - Remote - 9881
Firm that works in the small plan DB space looking to add an Actuary to their growing practice.
This position will help plan sponsors’ design; administer and fund their Defined Benefit and Cash Balance plans in accordance with IRS rules and actuarial standards of practice. May require analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes. Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculations in pensions. Contributes to moderately complex programs.
· Assist in the design, implementation, and modification of retirement plans.
· Perform actuarial valuations to determine the funding requirements and financial health of retirement plans.
· Ensure retirement plans comply with relevant laws and regulations, such as the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Internal Revenue Code (IRC).
· Analyze plan data, demographic trends, and economic factors to assess the financial risks associated with the retirement plans.
· Provide support in communicating retirement plan details, options, and changes to clients.
· Collaborate with departments to ensure coordinated and efficient management of the retirement plans.
· Continuously monitor the retirement plans' performance and evaluate their effectiveness in meeting the company's objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of experience
· Previous client service experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Effective problem solving and communication skills
· Build and sustain relationships to work collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a team.