Actuary -- Risk/ERM-8449
Highly visible position available for a nearly/newly credentialed P&C actuary. This role will support a Corporate Risk/Emerging Markets team that is going through a growth phase. Excellent opportunity to work with other actuaries and senior leadership to support strategic decision making across all areas of emerging markets. Ideally seeking 4 years of progressive responsibility from an actuarial environment. Prior Capital Modeling and ERM experience a plus. Chance to wear multiple hats and make a significant contribution to the growth of this team. Please feel free to apply for a confidential discussion and more details regarding this client.
· Maintains the capital model by recommending and implementing enhancements and working with business leaders to update its parameterization.
· Determines aggregate enterprise capital requirements through application of corporate risk tolerances.
· Allocates capital to business segments and effectively communicates drivers of capital requirements and allocation results.
· Determines profitability targets for business segments and effectively communicates results and methodology.
· Supports enterprise risk management stress testing through the development of key risk scenarios to illustrate potential adverse risk outcomes, the resulting impact to key metrics, and impact of mitigation strategies.
· Performs cost-benefit analysis comparing results of initiatives to capital costs, considering both financial results and strategic goals.
· Analyzes data and presents analysis in an appropriate format. Effectively communicates, makes recommendations, and presents analysis to appropriate personnel.
· Prepares commentary for executive management regarding risk trends, volatility, capital adequacy, risk-adjusted profitability, strategic recommendations, and pricing decisions, including potential causes and mitigation efforts.
· Monitor risks, risk factors, and trends and makes recommendations to take corrective action as necessary.
· Support enterprise risk management reporting, including scorecards, snapshots, and own risk solvency assessments.
· Advanced knowledge of actuarial principles and practices, including reinsurance, reserving and ratemaking, financial reporting, underwriting and marketing guidelines and claims practices.
· Expert user of Microsoft Excel and preferably Igloo or R