Assistant Actuary - Health-8466
Client is seeking an Assistant Actuary to perform both routine and ad hoc actuarial and statistical analyses to estimate financial outcomes. Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, and principles of business to complete health calculations.
Position will be part of a rotational program and as such duties will vary depending on unit (Pricing, Medical Cost Analysis, Reserving/Planning)
General responsibility examples within 3 units (Pricing, Medical Cost Analysis, Reserving/Planning):
· Works on pricing research projects, including experience and trend analyses, book of business studies, CMS revenue and risk score analysis, etc.
· Works with team to develop rating information packages to be delivered to underwriting and other internal customers.
· Works on rate filings for State Insurance Departments, CMS and other regulatory agencies.
· Assists in developing processes and methods used in performing analysis on special projects such as demographic factors, competitive analysis and other as required.
· Prepares analysis and monitors claims trends for each line of business. Segregates cost, utilization, mix of services, coverage types and effects of benefit and demographic changes.
· Designs and prepares reports of medical cost results, both historical and projected.
· Completes valuations of medical cost initiatives and tracks performance against goals.
· Assists in development of trend projections.
· Works on the development, calculations and monitoring of accruals, liabilities and reserves for various lines of business and groups.
· Assists in the development of reserving methods and calculates reserves for products and the development of financial liability models for various lines of business.
· Oversees or compiles data, develops and calculates expected loss ratios for financial settlements.
· May assist with preparing the actuarial portions of financial statements and federal income tax returns and compiles, evaluates and certifies statistical data.
· 2 or more years of relevant actuarial experience
· 4+ exams required
··Demonstrated experience using SQL server a plus.