Assistant Actuary -- Health - 9417
Insurance client seeking actuarial talent to join a new team! Position is open due to a recently formed partenerhip during this time of growth in the health space.
Performs both routine and ad hoc actuarial and statistical analyses to estimate financial outcomes.
· Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability and statistics to complete tasks and demonstrates sound financial acumen during the process.
· Viewed as an “expert” by other department on specific actuarial topics and functions
· Effectively research and resolve non-routine actuarial and financial issues/problems
· Design and lead projects, with accountability for project accuracy and timeliness
· Incorporate external considerations, other related initiatives and company goals into their work
· Effectively coordinate tasks and projects within Actuarial and with other functional areas.
· BA in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Services or related
· Field or equivalent work experience.
· ASA Designation
· Working Experience with the assigned actuarial function: Pricing and Product Development, Valuation & Reserving, or Medical Cost Trending & Analysis.
· Four years (4) of experience are required.