Assistant Actuary I - Health - 9847
The Assistant Actuary I performs both routine and ad hoc actuarial and statistical analyses to estimate financial outcomes. Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, and principles of business to complete health calculations.
Duties - duties will vary depending on unit (Pricing, Medical Cost Analysis, Reserving/Planning)
Pricing (Commercial & Medicare)
1. Works on pricing research projects, including experience and trend analyses, book of business studies, CMS revenue and risk score analysis, etc.
2. Works with team to develop rating information packages to be delivered to underwriting and other internal customers.
3. Works on rate filings for State Insurance Departments, CMS and other regulatory agencies.
Medical Cost Analysis
1. Works on the development, calculations and monitoring of accruals, liabilities and reserves for various lines of business and groups.
2. Assists in the development of reserving methods and calculates reserves for products and the development of financial liability models for various lines of business.
3. Oversees or compiles data, develops and calculates expected loss ratios for financial settlements.
4. May assist with preparing the actuarial portions of financial statements and federal income tax returns and compiles, evaluates and certifies statistical data.
5. Performs other duties and special projects as required.
1. 2 - 5 years of experience required
2. ASA Designation