Assistant Actuary, Life/Annuity - 9460
Insurance company in the Midwest is seeking their next Assistant Actuary to join their Corporate Actuarial team. This position will be part of a new team focusing on model validation and controls. This detail-oriented, results-driven individual will have advanced knowledge of industry practices and standards. The incumbent will assume the lead in the assigned responsibilities. This position is essential for the company's management of risk and to assure the appropriate level of profitability. This position is responsible for providing actionable information that enables good business decisions along with designing and managing project initiatives and business processes within job area.
Perform end-to-end analysis on actuarial models including fit for purpose and risk assessment; Provide formal review of the actuarial control framework; Perform detailed policy audit testing; Document decisions made, processes put in place and other work performed; Support process improvement projects; Perform stress testing and scenario analysis in order to equip management to make strategic decisions; Compile and analyze data, using statistical formulas and other actuarial methods; Prepare and review survey forms and reports for distribution; Set up, test and maintain actuarial models for the specified actuarial purpose; Develop and implement procedures to comply with new regulatory, control or governance requirements; Respond to requests for information from actuaries, accountants, auditors, management and other associates, as well as external stake holders, providing actuarial analysis where appropriate; Provide guidance, training and direction to other actuarial associates; Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization on business initiatives.
· 2-4+ years of actuarial modeling experience, with life and/or indexed annuity with living benefits experience preferred
· Prophet software knowledge strongly preferred
· Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation.
· Advanced knowledge of insurance products and concepts, actuarial theory and techniques, and regulation of the insurance industry.
· Project management experience with the ability to multi-task and switch back and forth between projects as needed.