Assistant Actuary, Product Development-9021
Insurer in the Mid Atlantic US has a need for an Assistant Actuary for their Product Development department.
· Product Development, Design and Pricing: leading pricing efforts on new and existing products (providing competitive, profitability and risk analysis); providing actuarial expertise for new product capital mgt. and underwriting ideas; assessing the financial impacts of any new products or product changes and communicating results to key stakeholder
· Regulatory and Product Implementation Support: implementing Solvency II, PBR, and IFRS-17, providing actuarial support for product filings, collaborating with employees from across the organization to help bring products to market, providing assumption review, analysis, and documentation for annual Illustration Actuary Testing for new and in-force products
· Actuarial Pricing Assumption Review and Development: assisting with the research, development, analysis, and proposal of assumptions for new product features, working with cross-functional teams to understand how emerging experience will impact new business pricing
· Actuarial Model Development and Maintenance: Developing, utilizing, and maintaining actuarial models that comply with company’s Model Risk Control Framework, implementing, reviewing, and documenting model and assumption changes.
· 5 or more years of experience
· Candidate must have the ability to communicate complex financial issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Significant experience with GGY Axis, MG-ALFA, or similar actuarial software is highly preferred