Asst. Actuary, Product Development - Life - 9939
Insurance company in the MidAtlantic US region has a need for an Assistant Actuary within the product development department. This role is an integral part of the pricing and product development team, ultimately responsible for evaluating, proposing, and implementing new product ideas and changes to existing products to ensure market competitiveness while meeting profit and risk requirements.
- Product Development, Design, and Pricing. (competitiveness, profitability, risk standards, assumptions, improving processes, implementing changes)
- Regulatory and product implementation support. (Solvency II, PBR, and IFRS-17)
- Actuarial pricing assumption review and development. (R&D Analysis and working with cross functional departments regarding the impact of emerging experience on pricing)
- Actuarial model development and maintenance.
- Managing and Developing Staff
- Performing Ad hoc projects.
- The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking skills, be results oriented, and be driven to strive for continuous improvement.
- The candidate must have the ability to communicate complex financial issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Significant experience with GGY Axis, MG-ALFA, or similar actuarial software is highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- 5+ years of experience
- ASA Designation