Associate Actuary & Manager - Health - 9568
Lead analyst role in the Actuarial Analyst job family. Works autonomously on the preparation and interpretation of pharmacy data and related modeling.
- Supports pharmacy pricing for all commercial segments.
- Maintains self-funded pharmacy pricing model. Works within team to model updates and coordinates implementation with underwriting.
- Monitors and forecasts pharmacy profitability and communicates this information to leadership.
- Provides actuarial support for corporate pharmacy initiatives.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with key pharmacy stakeholders, including senior leadership, on relevant pharmacy topics.
- Directs the development of pricing research projects, including experience and trend analyses, book of business studies, vendor analyses, etc.
- Directs the development of rating information packages to be delivered to underwriting and other internal customers.
- Monitors industry news and ensures the company is competitively well-positioned in a dynamic marketplace.
- Proactively reviews advanced data analytic methods and identifies opportunities to improve team processes.
- Works effectively with external vendors, including PBM partner contacts.
- Represents actuarial team during meetings with management from other functional areas.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Services, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- An FSA designation and five+ years of experience are required.
- Solid mathematical background including extensive experience working with risk models, actuarial or mathematical analysis, and using automated or statistical analysis tools.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Demonstrated experience using RStudio, SQL, and Visual Basic is preferred.
- Proven ability to manage projects to a successful conclusion as well as the ability to identify best practices and methods.
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills required in order to demonstrate business solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Independence has implemented a “Hybrid of Choice” model which provides our associates with the flexibility to choose whether to work remotely, work in the office every day, or work in the office on certain days at their discretion. However, management may require our associates to work from Independence’s physical office locations on certain occasions. This role is designated as a role that fits into the “Hybrid of Choice” model. While associates may work remotely, the work must be performed in the Tri-State Area of Delaware, New Jersey or Pennsylvania.