Associate Actuary & Manager - Health - 9932
Lead analyst role in the Actuarial Analyst job family. Works autonomously on the preparation and interpretation of pharmacy data and related modeling.
· Supports pharmacy pricing for all commercial segments.
· Maintains self-funded pharmacy pricing model. Works within team to model updates and coordinates implementation with underwriting.
· Monitors and forecasts pharmacy profitability and communicates this information to leadership.
· Provides actuarial support for corporate pharmacy initiatives.
· Communicates and collaborates effectively with key pharmacy stakeholders, including senior leadership, on relevant pharmacy topics.
· Directs the development of pricing research projects, including experience and trend analyses, book of business studies, vendor analyses, etc.
· Directs the development of rating information packages to be delivered to underwriting and other internal customers.
· Monitors industry news and ensures the company is competitively well-positioned in a dynamic marketplace.
· Proactively reviews advanced data analytic methods and identifies opportunities to improve team processes.
· Works effectively with external vendors, including PBM partner contacts.
· Represents actuarial team during meetings with management from other functional areas.
· Performs other duties and special projects as required.
· Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Services, or related field or equivalent work experience.
· An FSA designation and five+ years of experience are required.
· Solid mathematical background including extensive experience working with risk models, actuarial or mathematical analysis, and using automated or statistical analysis tools.
· Proficiency in Excel is required.
· Demonstrated experience using RStudio, SQL, and Visual Basic is preferred.