Associate Actuary, Modeling (Life/Annuity)-9174
Insurer in the Midwest has a need for an Associate Actuary in the modeling department. This role will be responsible for coordinating various actuarial modeling projects relating to the analysis, testing, and validation of complex and detailed financial information. The incumbent brings company or system specific expertise to the position to train and mentor actuarial analysts.
The Responsibilities will include: leading research and testing for changes in the Actuarial Corporate Model; identifying defects from changes to the Actuarial Corporate Model and performing all levels of testing; assisting with development and documentation of changes to the Actuarial Corporate Model; contributing to enhancing current model governance policies and procedures; acting as a liaison to Information Technology communicating the requirements of desired data; partnering with Investment Technology to improve and enhance the flow of data to the Actuarial Corporate Model; providing validation and delivery on external audit and internal audit requests; supporting the modernization of existing statutory reserve calculation and reporting processes; leading efforts in standardization and automation; mentoring and reviewing the work of junior actuarial team members.
· 3+ years of progressively responsible actuarial experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
· Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation required.
· Life/Annuity experience, Fixed Indexed Annuity experience is preferred
· Must have experience working with MS Excel and MG-ALFA.
· SQL, R and/or any other coding is strongly desirable.