Associate Actuary - Pension - 9796
Client looking for Associate Actuary to provide pension consulting/actuarial services for various types of pension plans. The ideal candidate should be an ASA or EA with ideally 5-8 years of experience in pension consulting to multiple clients. While the position is primarily focused on providing consulting services, the successful candidate should be able to review actuarial results from the beginning of the process to finished product. Must be willing to improve pension consulting skills and methods across all assigned clients, if lacking that experience.
• Multi-task across several projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Analyze and explore data and results for accuracy/issues, ensure data is appropriate, develop questions as necessary
• Reconcile and review pension valuation results including review of liabilities, sample lives, detailed gains/loss analysis, pricing tools and projection models
• Manage team/projects on-budget/on-time
• Assist in preparing pension reports including updating existing documents for new results, updating analysis, creating results and client presentations
• Review plan documents and perform/review benefit calculations/statements
• Some experience presenting actuarial pension results to clients
• Enjoy analyzing the results and digging into the numbers for accuracy (hands on).
• Must be either an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or EA with the intention to continue taking exams to achieve the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA).
• Must have experience with all aspects of pension plans, multiemployer and/or public sector experience is a bonus
• Must have experience with pension plan actuarial valuations
o Required accounting reports, liability determination, funding analysis, etc.
• Must have experience reviewing actuarial results in detail and enjoys being involved at multiple levels of pension consulting work
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
o Ability to communicate complex actuarial issues clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience
• Participate in client and internal client team meetings
• Must be able to manage complex projects and clients
• Oversees the work of analysts as well as mentor and train staff
• Expertise in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience in Proval is a plus
• Expertise in Access, SQL, and/or JAVA a plus
• At least 5 years of pension actuarial experience; is preferred