Associate Actuary - Life/Health - REMOTE - 10054
Exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, innovative, national insurance company dedicated to providing uncomplicated insurance products and solutions to help people protect themselves from unforeseen health-related risks and expenses. The company’s ancillary health insurance products and long term care are sold through a network of independent marketing organizations, brokers and agents. Position will be tailored to the candidates’ specific skills and experience.
Engage in work that includes all actuarial functions. Specifically, this includes responsibilities related to product development, filing work, and new product implementation. In addition, provide support for financial projection models for insurance products as well as experience monitoring and studies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with maintenance of financial projection and valuation models
- Help price new products as well as create new product filings and respond to objections
- Participate in new product implementation
- Take part in studies and reporting for product evaluation – experience studies, underwriting protocols, expense studies etc.
- Assume role of creating and updating reports that support various departments (sales, agent administration, etc.)
- Assists with creating and/or updating various analytical tools in Excel, SQL, VBA etc.
- Document product forms and assumptions
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- S degree in Mathematics, Finance or related degree
- Near ASA or ASA
- Strong knowledge of MS office products, particularly Excel
- Experience in SQL or related database language and database experience in general
- Experience with computer programming language
- Experience with actuarial modeling software, specifically GGY AXIS, is preferred
- Strong Math aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self directed in completing assigned tasks
- Comfortable starting from scratch and developing new material
- Ability to work both independently, and collaboratively as part of a team when needed