Associate Actuary (Valuation/Annuities)-Life-8916
Insurance client in the MidAtlantic US area has a need for a junior to midlevel Actuarial Associate for their Valuation department. The role entails full-scale valuation of fixed annuities which includes calculating reserves, project leadership and supporting the fixed annuity valuation leader. This role can offer the potential for a remote scenario for the right person.
· Oversee the preparation, analysis, and review of valuation results
· Prepare summaries of results and explanations around the drivers of business results
· Peer review annual statement information
· Peer review AXIS model and database changes, following established governance standards
· Support process improvements; including new regulatory requirements, accounting standards, and financial reporting controls.
· 2+ years of actuarial experience
· ASA pursuing FSA or career ASA
· Knowledge of annuity products preferred
· Knowledge of GAAP, Statutory, and Tax financial reporting requirements
· Knowledge of actuarial systems (GGY-AXIS preferred)
· Team player and demonstrated leadership skills
· Strong collaboration and communication skills