Associate Financial Analyst - Health-9005
Client seeking an Associate Financial Analyst within the health & welfare actuarial practice. The position will be servicing self-funded employer sponsored health plans with a primary focus on delivering quality financial analyses to clients and client teams. This is intended to be an entry level position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Use models to project loss trends, determine funding rates, analyze claims lag time, complete feasibility studies, and illustrate cash flows.
· Create new financial reporting templates; update existing templates to improve standard models used in analysis.
· Evaluate benefits utilization and claims data to assist clients in developing cost management and health risk management strategies.
· Determine impacts for network changes, plan changes, contribution strategies, and other strategic considerations.
· Prepare spreadsheets, graphs, and other illustrative tools for presentations and reports.
· Prepare custom reports and analysis for specific client needs.
· Work collaboratively with client service teams to collect and review data for accuracy.
· Integrate data from multiple data sources into relevant client reports.
· Collaborate with client service teams and actuaries to develop and track project deadlines.
· Become adept at using benchmarking tools and in sourcing/using external surveys.
· Keep informed of industry developments and products available in the marketplace.
· Make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in a business-related program or equivalent education and/or experience, with an emphasis in math, statistics, or finance required.
· Preference for a candidate actively pursuing an actuarial credential (ASA)
· Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to develop strong client relationships.
· A working knowledge of welfare benefits, risk, and health insurance concepts a plus.
· Excellent computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet expertise
· Excellent organizational and communication skills