Associate Pension Actuary-9145
Provide pension consulting/actuarial services for various types of pension plans.
Review actuarial results from the beginning of the process to finished product.
Must be willing to improve pension and health consulting skills and methods across all assigned client
• Multi-task across several projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Analyze and explore data and results for accuracy/issues, ensure data is appropriate, develop questions as necessary
• Reconcile and review pension valuation results including review of liabilities, sample lives, detailed gains/loss analysis, pricing tools and projection models
• Manage team/projects on-budget/on-time
• Assist in preparing pension reports including updating existing documents for new results, updating analysis, creating results and client presentations
• Review plan documents and perform/review benefit calculations/statements
• Some experience presenting actuarial pension results to clients
• Ability to work on multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Enjoys analyzing the results and digging into the numbers for accuracy (hands on).
• FSA or ASA with intention to complete FSA
• Must have experience with all aspects of pension plans, preferably multiemployer and/or public sector experience
• Must have experience with pension plan actuarial valuations o Required accounting reports, liability determination, funding analysis, etc.
• Must have experience reviewing actuarial results in detail
Enjoys being involved at multiple levels of pension consulting work
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to communicate complex actuarial issues clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience
• Participate in client and internal client team meetings
• Must be able to manage complex projects and clients o Manage deadlines and develop methodologies that work within deadlines and client-set budgets
• Excels at managing and communicating personal workflow
• Oversees the work of analysts as well as mentor and train staff
• Communicates and works cooperatively with junior analysts and senior consultant
Access, SQL, or JAVA Proval is a plus