Chief Actuary - Pension - 9971
Consulting firm looking to add a Chief Actuary to their practice due to some reshuffling of duties and responsibilities internally. Great opportunity to join a smaller firm that's been growing by leaps and bounds and function as the most senior actuary. Position must have an office presence, so not looking for someone who wants a fully remote arrangement. This could be more of a hybrid role with ideally at least 3 days in the office.
To fit this position, the successful candidate should have the following characteristics:
· Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Enrolled Actuary
· 20+ years of pension actuarial experience
· Consulting background with a broad range of clients. Single employer plan experience is critical, though additional background in multiemployer and/or public plans is a plus.
· A demonstrated interest in the type of work done by a Chief Actuary. Examples could be prior experience in that role with another company (probably a smaller company), experience speaking at CCA, SOA, AAA, and ASPPA meetings, service on committees, etc. This is not a role for someone who simply wants to consult, but doesn’t like to read regulations, revenue rulings, etc.
· A person who would be credible as the most senior actuary and definitive word in addressing and resolving actuarial issues for a team of senior actuaries.