Consulting Actuary/Enrolled Actuary-Pension- Remote - 9273
Client looking to add a Consulting Actuary/Enrolled Actuary to their practice. The candidate must be an EA, small plan experience is a plus, but not required. Salary range 100-140K plus bonus. Job can be in 2 locations and can also be arranged as fully remote as well.
This position is responsible for managing client engagements and all the actuarial and consulting services associated with employee benefit security programs such as pension plans, defined contribution plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
· Review and Certify Actuarial Valuations under required governmental regulations and applicable accounting standards for pension plans
· Monitor and review items related to annual compliance for qualified plans
· Review and certify pension plan benefits certifications
· Use and maintenance of standard spreadsheet tools and development of non-standard spreadsheets for special projects
· Review annual update of valuation system software and programming for new plans
· Run Proposals for potential new clients. Assist in the design and onboarding of new plans including setting up the plan documents.
· Supervise and mentor junior level staff, may include team leader responsibilities
· Manage profitability of engagements including performing monthly billing. Developing project work plans and timelines to ensure client satisfaction.
· Serve as primary consultant for clients on all facets of employee benefit plan, including consultation regarding the administration, compliance, communication, and design of employee benefit plans. Respond to client inquiries and attend meetings, if requested.
· Maintain necessary continuing education requirements and credentials
· Participate in business development initiatives
· Manage special consulting projects, as needed, including plan terminations.
· BA / BS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or Economics. EA designation. Progress towards ASA credentials a plus but not required.
· Minimum four to five years related work experience
· Well-developed written and oral communication skills
· Ability to be highly organized and show an attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize work assignments and multitask
· Analyze problems and issues and implement solutions or present possible solutions to supervisor
· Present solid project management experience
· Excellent people skills for interacting with clients and counsels
· Display a high level competency with Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as personal computer skills and other industry specific software