Consulting Actuary - Health - 9732
Client looking for an experienced Health & Welfare Consulting Actuary. Not looking for a salesperson, looking for someone to manage clients and expected to bill 1,000 hours (to offset current consultants work).
· Lead Actuarial Consultant supporting Senior Strategic Consultant to deliver technical and consulting services
· Proactively support client and senior strategic consultant monitoring recent developments and trends in industry
· Able to lead meetings and interact with clients at a high level
· Oversee all project streams and manage workflow to ensure cohesive and timely delivery of work product
· Overseeing analysts and checkers in planning work, providing mentoring and developing technical skills
· Responsible for delivering claim analysis and reporting, vendor solicitation, selection and oversight, core actuarial services including claim reserve, pricing and postretirement claim cost calculations, and consulting on design (including pricing plan design changes).
· 10+ years relevant experience in employer health consulting
· ASA designation required / FSA preferred
· Knowledge of and experience with all aspects of the health care marketplace including plan design, pricing, benchmarking, financial management/analysis including experience projections and administration
· Experience leading client relationships
· New Business Development experience preferred
· Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Staff mentoring or management experience