Consulting Actuary - Health - 9773
Consulting Firm is seeking FSA candidates with relevant healthcare experience to manage projects for a diverse and expanding client base. Applicants will have the option to work out of either the Northeast or Southeast regions.
· Provides guidance, supervision, and/or review for more junior staff.
· Delegates work to meet client needs, provide additional technical insight and review results for reasonableness.
· Typically involved in multiple projects across various clients with the expectation of teaching and training staff on project-specific work.
· Increased role with clients including external communications, data collection, providing project updates and answering technical actuarial questions.
· Review, organize and analyze statistical data.
· Develop and utilize actuarial models.
· Analyze healthcare costs and utilization data.
· 5+ years of relevant experience, with significant experience in the healthcare field.
· Knowledge of various aspects of healthcare actuarial practice, including pricing, reserving, and forecasting. Experience with Medicare Advantage bid pricing or ACA pricing is a plus.
· Proficiency with spreadsheets and database applications (e.g., Excel, SAS, SQL).
· The ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment where the client is always first.