Consulting Actuary - REMOTE - 9631
Client looking for an experienced actuary with solid OPEB experience and preferably having the ability to develop claims costs. Looking for 8+ years of experience and at least at the ASA level to be considered. This could be someone from the health or pension sides.
The Consulting Actuary will apply consulting, technical, and project management skills to service retirement plan and OPEB valuation needs for both private and public sector clients.
1. Serve as lead on small client teams: oversee project management and client deliverables, serve as main point of contact for clients.
2. Support Senior Consulting Actuaries on large client teams.
3. Primarily responsible for billing on client engagements.
4. Assist with training and development of junior staff.
5. Comply with internal quality control and peer review guidelines.
6. Participate in marketing opportunities including proposals, publications and presentations.
7. Learn rules, legislation and regulations related to single employer, multiemployer, and/or public sector pension plans.
8. Expand client relationships and identify growth opportunities.