Corporate Health Actuary-9215
Non-profit looking to hire an in-house Health Plan Actuary. Job will eventually be hybrid, meaning only a couple days in MN based office and rest work from home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead pricing and valuation processes for the long-term sustainability of company's products and protection of plan assets.
· Analyze customer claims and develop internal and external reporting for claims activity
· Provide detail financial analysis and recommendations to assist strategic decision making
· Estimate incurred but not reported (IBNR) claims and pharmacy reimbursement receivables for monthly financial reporting
· Prepare actuarial valuation obligation calculations, partnering with external actuary team
· Prepare, forecast and analyze medical claims and other benefit plan financial trends
· Initiate, conduct and document complex analysis and research
· Build and deliver analytical models
· Understand and comply with company's Governance, Risk, and Compliance standards (e.g. internal controls, regulatory compliance, policy compliance).
· 7-10 years of experience in actuarial field with a preferred 5 years of experience managing health products
· Experience in underwriting or in an actuarial function in a health product environment
· Track record of success in an actuarial position
· Ability to influence and collaborate with senior leaders and work across all levels of the organization, including presenting information to governing boards
· Experience working with Church Plans preferred
· Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) required