DB Specialist - Pension - REMOTE - 9487
Client looking to add an Outsourcing Specialist for the Defined Benefit Pension Administration team. The Outsourcing Specialist will provide a full range of administrative and operational support services to a variety of defined benefit clients and plan participants in a fast paced and time sensitive environment. This role could also lead to an actuarial position.
· Main point of contact to initiate retirement distributions, change payment instructions, and/or change beneficiary information
· Directly interact with participants, retirees and plan sponsors to answer plan-related questions via telephone, email or letters
· Assist in calculating pension benefits
· Provide employees the necessary paperwork to begin pension benefit payments
· Interact with the plans trustee to help ensure benefits paid from the plan are accurate and timely
· Assist participants with benefit calculator providing dynamic benefit projections to help employees make informed retirement decisions
· Monitor changes in pension legislation and regulation and be informed of changes needed to ensure that the plan is being administered in compliance with all of the appropriate laws
· Responsible for data uploads, maintenance and auditing of databases for multiple defined benefit plans
· Assist in preparing semi-annual benefit statements and other communications
· Works with a team to recommend process improvements and coaching and training opportunities that were identified from participant issues, recurring edits, process delays, and quality problems
· Assisting with special benefit administration projects, such as lump sum offerings, and participant bulk mailings as necessary
· Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a professional setting
· Bachelors degree (BS/BA) in Business, Finance, Human Resources or related field
· Strong Customer Service skills
· Ability to handle complex and sensitive issues
· Clear written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills and effective external communication with clients and participants
· Ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong problem solving skills; excellent analytical & decision making abilities with acute attention to detail
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
· Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation
· 3-5 years of retirement plan administration experience, including experience with defined benefit pension plans, 401(k) plans and non-qualified supplemental retirement plans. Starting salary will be competitive to market and adjusted for experience. BPAS provides a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance; 401(k) Plan with matching; cash balance retirement plan.
· Technical knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and regulations, including ERISA, IRS, DOL and other federal legislation.