Director, Actuarial - Med Adv - Health - 9812
This position is responsible for managing the Corporate Actuarial functions within the Corporate Risk Department, for segments of the business requiring expertise in Medicare Advantage actuarial services, markets and products. Manage and develop resources in the unit including department workload and priorities while maintaining efficient processes.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of mathematics and statistics with the ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
· Advanced knowledge of actuarial principles and practices, including reinsurance, reserving and ratemaking, financial reporting, underwriting and marketing guidelines and claims practices.
· Ability to apply the principles of logical thinking to define problem; collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
· Excellent communication with others both verbally and in writing and the ability to communicate actuarial concepts and conclusions to non-actuaries.
· Expert user of Excel.
· Advanced knowledge of capital management and modeling techniques and software
· Ability to learn new software easily.
· Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, present ideas, report facts and other information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities, establish work flows and meet necessary deadlines.
· Thorough knowledge of departmental procedures and workflows.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities.
· Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and address them.
· Ability to make competent, independent decisions.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
· Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
· 8+ years of relevant actuarial experience which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities required.
· 5+ years of leadership including direct management or supervisory.
· FSA credential.
· Solid experience with Medicare Advantage bid process.
· Must be vaccinated or willing to vaccinate.