Director -- Data Science-Health-8864
The Director, Data Science will oversee the day-to-day operations of all data reporting. The position will provide directions to the development of standardized data sources and enhancements, along with reporting that is consistent and high quality. The position will involve providing iterative coaching/review of the analysts’ skills and work product. Lead in development and design of new initiatives within the department to innovate and improve upon efficiency and advancement of Business Analytics.
In This Role You Will...
· Direct the teams assigned to business intelligence reporting and data analytics projects, continue to grow skillset/experience by training and coaching to think creatively while conducting assigned workload.
· Implement best practices in data analytics and data management processes to ensure optimal usage of data and applications in the department.
· Deliver the organization’s information needs for today, while simultaneously positioning a team to deliver future information needs. Ultimately responsible for the satisfaction of information customers and ensuring a team delivers that satisfaction.
· Deliver all assigned business reporting accurately and on time (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.).
· Contribute to software requirements, user stories and process maps to ensure consistency with CCM’s business analytic information architecture. Partner with CCM’s Data Services & Governance team to ensure data repositories are built to enable information extraction.
· Leading the entire organization to think differently, either through work products, cogent insight and analysis, probing questions, gentle correction or meaningful “data coaching.”
· Manages the design consultation, develops and summarizes conclusions gained from analyzing data using statistical and visualization tools like Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau, SSRS and Sales Force and others
· Ensures that all analysis is actionable for business process owners, enabling leaders of key areas to build, implement and identify solutions to address business performance gaps.
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of modern business analytics technology
· Advanced knowledge working with large datasets from multiple, seemingly unrelated sources
· Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to perform complex analysis and make recommendations based on statistical inferences
· Expert skill with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Advanced knowledge in SQL, Tableau, SSRS and Sales Force
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics, computer science, information science, engineering, data science or relevant field with 6-8 years’ relevant working experience required
· Minimum of 3 years’ project and people management experience required
· Master’s degree preferred
· Experience working with Healthcare data is required