Director - LDI - Pension - 9561
Client looking to add a Director of Liability Driven Investing to their practice. This would ideally be someone with 10+ years of related actuarial experience. Managerial experience a plus. Boston or Atlanta preferred, however also open to hybrid or remote work in San Francisco, California, Connecticut, Denver, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas and Washington, D.C.
· Oversee and mentor a team of Actuarial Specialists in conducting pension asset-liability studies as well as asset allocation studies
· Be a thought leader for the firm in leading Corporate Pension Solutions Group and in developing LDI Glide Path solutions for both OCIO and Advisory businesses
· Work in conjunction with Strategist team on LDI implementation
· Work with senior members of research and consulting teams to understand the client’s investment objective and develop a custom long-term asset allocation
· Engage with clients and consulting teams on pension liability structure, liability-driven investing, risk budgeting, risk management, asset allocation, and portfolio construction projects/ analysis and education materials
· Formally present asset-liability study conclusions to clients and deliver client presentations on other asset allocation topics
· Contribute to new business efforts by attending and presenting to prospective clients as the actuarial expert; assisting in customization of RFP answers as well as other sales/marketing efforts.
· Contribute to asset allocation research projects requiring detailed knowledge of risk analysis and quantitative modeling techniques
· Provide support to clients and consulting team regarding pension regulatory changes including development of quarterly regulatory updates for client delivery
Prior pension actuarial experience required with a bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. EA, ASA or FSA designation strongly preferred. MBA or other relevant Master’s degree preferred/is a plus
Experience with ERISA pension funding rules and FAS accounting is required. Familiarity with multiemployer plans, public pension funding and GASB accounting or insurance industry experience is a plus. Prior investment experience and CFA charter holder or CFA candidate is a plus. High degree of computer proficiency is required, specifically the use of Excel and the ability to manage investment models and databases.