Enrolled Actuary - REMOTE - Pension - 9498
TPA Firm specializing in small plans (under 100 participants) looking to add a seasoned Enrolled Actuary to their practice. Ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of small business retirement plan issues and can perform calculations for DB, CB, and DB/DC plans, preparing and completing Form 5500/Schedule SB and performing all levels of IRS non-discrimination testing. Job can be based in the Greater NYC area or can also be fully remote as well.
· EA Credential and 5+ years of experience with small business Defined Benefit, Cash Balance and Defined Contribution Plans.
· Knowledge of ERISA, IRS, and DOL regulations.
· Membership in one of the following: SOA, ASPPA, AAA or NIPA.
· Expertise with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel applications
· Expertise with industry recognized pension valuation software
· Team Player and STRONG team training skills.
· Consultation on contribution calculations and combined plan non-discrimination testing for DB and CB plans with team members
· Review/approve new business and takeover proposals
· Preparation of Plan documents, amendments, employee communications (SPDs, Notices, etc.)
· Preparation of the annual administration package (valuation report, participant statements, and Form 5500) for delivery to the client
· Preparation of PBGC filings and AFTAP Certifications
· Represent clients in IRS/PBGC audits, investigations and VCP filings
· Consultation on plan terminations filed with IRS and PBGC
· Calculate distributions from DB Plans and prepare the appropriate election forms for the participant
· Train and be a resource for team members.