Group Benefits Implementation Analyst - Health - 9471
Not for profit looking to add a Group Benefits Implementation Analyst. This position will ensure Health & Welfare and Pension plan proposals and changes are accurately updated in internal systems. Executes and monitors processes to create and load weekly and ad hoc proposal files to the group plan administration system. Creates plan update files and transmits to vendor on a timely basis. Identifies and documents system enhancements and defects. Performs user acceptance testing for system releases. This role will help build the plan in the system based on plan design. When a client wants to sign up for their insurance, this role will help implement the plan into the system. Having any kind of transactional system experience a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes group and pension plan proposals. Verifies that individual records are updated appropriately within the established timeframe. Ensures correct adjustments and/or billing is reflected on invoices. Monitors daily, weekly, and monthly reports to verify the accurateness of plan processing. Troubleshoots and resolves displayed errors and discrepancies in a timely manner. Updates proposal statuses in the HEAT workflow system and ensure all documentation and correspondence is attached to each proposal ticket.
• Acts as lead and subject matter expert on system processing of incoming Cooperative Splits, Mergers and New Subgroups. Partners with internal staff to ensure required documentation and information has been received and approved. Serves as the Cooperative point of contact for member related inquiries and discrepancies.
• Collaborates with New Business/Market Research Advisors and Benefit Service Representatives with the onboarding and implementation of new business and plan changes.
• Proactively identifies and documents, system enhancements and defects in JIRA. Partners with Business Analyst and Developer to identify user stories and acceptance criteria. Develops test cases and performs user acceptance testing to validate that results meet requirements and business needs.
• Researches complex cases and issues and resolves problems in an efficient timely manner while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
• Performs quality reviews on proposal submissions completed by team members. Recommends procedural changes and streamlines processes by periodically reviewing workflows and quality controls. Updates approved processing procedures on Plan Implementation’s Sharepoint site as needed.
• Serves as back-up to Program Implementation Advisor. Executes and monitors processes to create and load weekly and ad hoc proposal files to the group plan administration system.
• Creates the associated change control files and transmits to vendor on a timely basis. Produces Manual ID cards upon request. Works with vendor to resolve Health ID Card issues.
• Provides training and acts a mentor to existing and new team members.
Formal Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree Business or Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or additional experience in a business/technology environment.
Experience and Certifications Required:
3-5 years of experience of Health and Welfare and/or Pension Benefits. Experience with defining and documenting procedures. Experience ensuring data quality in large transactional systems. JIRA, Sharepoint, Omni experience preferred.