Health Actuary/Manager - 9418
The Manager & Actuary is a management-level role on the Actuarial team. This associate works autonomously and assumes an active role in the preparation and interpretation of data and related formulae. The Manager & Actuary will assist or lead company wide projects as required and assists the Director & Actuary and management with studies, special projects, and includes the additional responsibilities below:
· Manages the Pricing and actuarial portions of Product development for Independence Self-funded business as well as our emerging product lines which may include, dental, vision, stop loss, payment integrity, disability, and enhanced administrative services products.
· Manages the development of methods used in performing analysis on special projects such as competitive analysis.
· Represent actuarial in meetings with the Sales, Product and Underwriting organizations responsible for Self-funded business.
· Represent Independence on the Pricing workgroup for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Consortium, builds strong relationships with other Blue Cross Blue Shield Consortium plan actuaries.
· Performs other duties and special projects as required.
· Manage 2-3 Analysts: communicates and balances key priorities, delegates work appropriately and provides performance feedback and coaching to this team.