Health Consulting Actuary - 9757
Client looking to add a fairly senior level Health Consulting Actuary at the FSA level to their growing organization. This position can be located in one of several office locations in a hybrid capacity. This position will provide health care consulting services to multiemployer and public sector clients with opportunities to work with corporate clients as well. The ideal candidate should be an FSA with solid overall experience in health care consulting. While the position is primarily focused on providing consulting services, the successful candidate should also be able to review actuarial results and health care work.
· Enjoys presenting actuarial health care results to clients in a clear and easy to understand manner in order to help clients solve challenging problems;
· Understands current employer sponsored healthcare market from both a business partner perspective and employee perspective, e.g., knowledge of major insurance providers and PBMs in US;
· Understands employer sponsored compliance perspectives, e.g., Affordable Care Act requirements;
· Ability to work on multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
· Enjoys analyzing the results and digging into the numbers for accuracy (hands-on).
· Must be a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) and ideally have 10+ years of relevant health experience.
· Ideally would have experience with all aspects of multiemployer and/or public sector active health and welfare plans (e.g., eligibility and claims data manipulation, cash flow projections, benefit change pricing, business partner selection and negotiations, etc.);
· Must have experience with retiree medical plan actuarial valuations (e.g., required accounting reports, liability determination, funding analysis, etc.);
· Must have experience thoroughly reviewing actuarial results in detail and enjoys being involved at multiple levels of the employer sponsored health care consulting work;
· Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, i.e., ability to communicate complex actuarial issues clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience;
· Must be able to take part in leading client and internal client team meetings;
· Must be able to manage complex projects and clients: i.e., manage deadlines and develop
methodologies that work within deadlines and client-set budgets.