Health Consulting Actuary - 9866
The Health Consulting Actuary will provide health care consulting services to multiemployer, private, and public sector clients. The ideal candidate should be a health FSA with significant experience in health care consulting. While the position is primarily focused on providing consulting services and managing clients, the successful candidate should be able to review actuarial results and health care work.
• Enjoys presenting actuarial health care results to clients in a clear and easy to understand manner in order to help clients solve challenging problems.
• Understands current employer-sponsored healthcare market from both an employer and employee perspective.
• Understands how health vendors such as insurance companies, PBMs, and niche providers such as warp networks, fertility networks, medical managers, etc. work in US.
• Understands employer-sponsored compliance perspectives, e.g., Affordable Care Act, No Surprises Act, etc.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage projects to produce high-quality results within budget.
• Understands how individual claims are processed.
• Enjoys analyzing the results and digging into the numbers for accuracy (hands-on).
• Must be a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA).
• Must have experience managing all aspects of multiemployer, private, and/or public sector active health and welfare plans (e.g., cash flow projections, benefit change pricing, business partner selection, and negotiations, etc.).
• Must have experience with retiree medical plan actuarial valuations (e.g., required accounting reports, liability determination, funding analysis, etc.).
• Must have experience thoroughly reviewing actuarial results in detail and enjoy being involved at multiple levels of the employer-sponsored health care consulting work.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, i.e., ability to communicate complex actuarial issues clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience.
• Must be able to lead client and internal client team meetings.
• Must be able to manage several complex projects and clients, i.e., manage deadlines and develop methodologies that work within deadlines and client-set budgets.
• Must be able to maintain client relationships and manage client contract and invoicing processes.
• Excels at managing personal workflow.
• Oversees the work of client team staff, as well as mentor and train staff.
• Communicates and works cooperatively with other senior consultants.
• Must have ability to reach out to other experts and get work peer reviewed prior to release.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Expertise in Access, SQL, and/or JAVA a plus
• Experience using Business Intelligence programs (ex. Power BI, Tableau) a plus
• Claims processing expertise a plus
• Business development skills a plus
• Client travel required