Life/Annuity Consulting Actuary & Supervisor-9152
Financial Services organization is seeking a Consulting Actuary & Supervisor. The position is within the Actuarial Finance(Life and Annuity) department and leading a small team. The incumbent will work closely with the Chief Financial Actuary and other senior level personnel.
· Supervise the development and maintenance of all corporate models (Corporate Plan Model, Enterprise Risk Management Model, ALM Model, Asset Adequacy Analysis, PBR Model).
· Supervise the development, implementation, and documentation of governance, validation, and control for use with actuarial procedures and models.
· Manage updates to modeling software to evaluate impact on models and any changes needed as well as coordinate system updates for all model users.
· Supervise the development of modeling assumptions using experience studies and manage modifications to the model projections.
· Supervise the design and maintenance of models to monitor and analyze life and annuity product profitability.
· Respond to various regulations and the impact they can have on actuarial procedures and models.
· Review and analyze quarterly financial results and reserve pattern.
· Provide guidance and interpretation to department staff and other Home Office staff on actuarial theories, methods, and practices.
· 10+ year’s life and annuity product experience, including knowledge of Fixed Indexed Annuities and Registered Indexed Linked Annuities.
· Proficient with MG-ALFA Actuarial Modeling software.
· Knowledge of Financial Reporting a plus.
· Strong project management, organizational, technical and communication skills.
· Experience training, motivating, and developing staff
· Assist in maintaining discipline, resolving problems, determining performance, and recommending promotions, transfers, or dismissals of department staff.