Manager, Actuarial - P/C - 9385
Client looking to add an Actuarial Pricing Manager to be responsible for developing rate indications and on-going monitoring for F&I products, communicating with Senior Leadership about developments in the product, working with Sales and Products to develop and maintain an industry-leading product portfolio, and developing and executing a robust rate filing strategy. The Manager is the primary point of contact for all F&I pricing activities and has responsibility for communicating with Senior Leaders and across functions to ensure on-time product launches. The Manager will also be responsible for data analytics, continuous process improvement, and employee development.
This position offers an excellent and challenging opportunity to develop and apply actuarial principles to ratemaking as well as collaboration across multiple departments throughout the organization.
* Develop a robust pricing review process including the use of both standard and advanced pricing techniques and be main contact for same
* Develop and execute filing strategy
* Work collaboratively as a part of the business planning process
* Develop and communicate business analytics to Senior Leadership
* Foster innovation within the team and across the broader organization
* Supervise and develop direct reports; including developing and executing vision for team and broader department
* Support development of associates in an actuarial capacity
* Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society
* Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
* Experience in Pricing (VSC pricing preferred, but not required); including advanced ratemaking techniques and predictive modeling experience
* Strong communication and relationship building skills
* Ability to adapt to change quickly and to easily adjust priorities as necessary and appropriate
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* High level of problem solving and critical thinking capabilities
* Well-organized and detail-oriented
* 5+ years of responsible actuarial experience
*Strong work ethic
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree in risk management, finance, economics, actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or related field
* Programming skills a plus
* Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis
Job would ideally be based out of Michigan, but also open to a fully remote role so person can sit anywhere in the US.