Manager, Actuary - Health - Remote - 9667
Blue Cross of Idaho is looking for a Manager, Actuarial Services to lead a group of actuaries that perform financial projects and actuarial analysis and has oversight of their overall responsibilities and is accountable for functional area results.
The position reports to the Director, Actuarial Services and is located in Meridian, Idaho. Hybrid work schedule is supported.
To be considered for this opportunity, you have:
Experience: 5 years’ actuarial experience, to include leadership
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (Two years’ relevant work experience is equivalent to one-year college)
Certification: Associate, Society of Actuaries (ASA)
In this role, we will ask you to:
· Manage pricing, risk management, reserving and/or actuarial data analysis.
· Provide technical, editorial and/or business review to team.
· Sign actuarial statements of opinion, including reserves and rate filings.
· Provide support to the profit & loss Leaders by participating in the development of new products and meeting with key accounts to present rating/financial information.
· Ensure effective workflows, maximize system efficiencies, monitor quality performance measures, and confirm appropriate completion of work assignments.
· Develop policies, procedures, service standards and workflows to support the consistent application of practices across the functional area and compliance with regulations.
· In collaboration with senior leadership, design, develop and implement focused functional area strategies for continued growth of the functional areas systems.
· Interpret government regulations affecting the functional area.
· Provide advice and consultation to senior and executive management related to operational strategic decisions.
· Interact with executives to provide consultation, influence decisions, and identify and resolve critical issues.
· Assist in making an initial recommendation to management in the selection of major rating assumptions.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.