MedAdvantage Analyst - Remote - 9623
Client is seeking out a data analyst to empower informed decision making around our Medicare
Advantage business strategy. Reporting to the Lead Medicare Actuary, this role will involve analytical
work and model building to turn data into stories and actionable business recommendations. If you are a
high performer with a blend of technical skills and critical thinking looking for a fast-paced, high-growth
opportunity, then this is for you!
What you will be doing:
Understanding the drivers around why a Medicare Advantage customer may be unhappy with their plan is
a Trillion dollar question. This role will leverage Clients unique data assets to build models and
dashboards to become an expert in answering this question at a deeper level than exists today.
The first step is to build a strong foundation around our customer persistency & satisfaction metrics by
developing dashboards to study patterns. Use your curiosity to ask what drove the results and utilize your
analytical skills to answer those questions. Once you have developed a foundation, deep dive into the
data to understand underlying root causes that would result in a customer leaving a plan. Use these
newly gained insights to develop models to predict future performance and share ideas to positively
impact our business outcomes throughout the customer lifecycle.
What we’re looking for:
● 2+ years of experience in a data analytics, actuarial, financial analyst or similar role. Experience
in Medicare is a plus.
● A curious mindset and motivated to learn new topics on the fly.
● Strong background in working with analytics and model building in Excel, and ideally Power BI
(dashboards will be built in Power BI and will be required to learn if not familiar). Experience with
coding languages such as SQL, R, or Python is a plus.
● Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, transforming, and visualization techniques.
● Comfortable juggling multiple tasks/deadlines simultaneously.
● Self-motivator with good judgment and a strong focus on details who wants to develop their
● Able to work successfully both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
● Takes ownerships of deliverables to see them to completion with high quality; not afraid to ask
questions for clarification and guidance when needed.
● Well organized with good habits to document workflow.
● Excited to work in a fast paced, high growth startup environment.