Mid-Level Life Actuary-8823
Insurance company in the south central US region has a need an experienced Mid-Level Life Actuary. The incumbent will be responsible for product pricing, experience studies, actuarial modeling, and risk analysis. This role will also provide support to financial reporting for Statutory, GAAP, and Tax Reporting as well as Cash Flow Testing, RBC, and Loss Recognition projections. This role will likely see more cross functional interaction and interfacing with senior management.
Specifically the role will entail:
· helping develop competitive and profitable products using modeling tools and spreadsheets
· creating tools to improve the creation, monitoring, and communication of company’s experience
· analyzing the impact of these findings, identifying, monitoring, and communicating the major risks associated with selling and maintaining insurance products to senior management
· providing modeling and analysis support for the Financial Reporting unit - including Cash Flow Testing, RBC, and Loss Recognition
· improving documentation of process and procedures, standardizing and automating processes
· providing support as needed within the Actuarial Department, broadening experience and expertise as directed by Vice President and Appointed Actuary.
Candidates should have experience with Life Insurance Financial Reporting, ALFA modeling and be able to effectively communicate with actuarial and non-actuarial staff.