OPEB Actuary - Health/Pension REMOTE - 9997
Technology company that works with municipal agencies to better navigate the complexities of actuarial analysis for pension and retiree health plans looking to add an OPEB actuary to their practice. They provide actuarial software suites and valuations. Candidate must be an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) with at least five years of OPEB valuation experience and be highly motivated and enthusiastic with a drive for innovation and growth that will complement the exciting expansion that the company is currently experiencing.
· Understand how to create and use client's OPEB software products.
· Supervise and review construction and delivery of client's OPEB software product for various public entity clients.
· Author OPEB plan configurations for a client.
· Perform, review (for accuracy and quality), and sign post-retirement medical valuations and GASB 74/75 reports.
· Set all assumptions related to OPEB valuations and perform claim costs analysis.
· Supervise OPEB modeling consulting projects and consult with key-decision makers at the state or local government clients who utilize client's OPEB software.
· Tracking of milestones and deliverables for client's OPEB software product and OPEB valuations.
· Estimate/schedule project tasks and milestones to determine and meet delivery dates.
· Perform project tasks independently, direct the efforts of others on the OPEB team, and mentor junior staff.
· Support Development team throughout the development cycle and work closely with the team to develop content requirements and enhancement to the OPEB software products for upcoming releases.
· Assist with Client Relationship Management (CRM) work with existing clients.
· Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development.
· Bachelor’s degree majoring in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or another major with quantitative course work.
· An ASA with at least five years of working knowledge of post-retirement medical plan design, claims cost calculations, funding, and accounting.
· Experience performing actuarial valuations for public agencies post-retirement medical plans.
· Understand OPEB funding for public retirement plans.
· Goal oriented, self-motivated, and have ability to work as part of a growing team.
· Excellent business acumen, communication, and presentation skills.
· Ability to manage projects, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
· Complete fluency in English, spoken and written with strong oral and written communication skills.
· Familiar with Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to solve problems independently and creatively.
· Have an understanding of the accounting rules and regulations related to post-retirement medical plans, and calculations inherent in our work (including actuarial mathematics, actuarial cost methods, etc.).