P&C Senior Actuarial Analyst (hybrid schedule)-9366
Reinsurer in the Northeast US has a need for a Senior Actuarial Analyst.
Responsibilities will include:
· Participating in the continued development of the Economic Capital Model (ECM) risk process, the parameterization of model inputs, model execution and the presentation of ECM results
· Developing an understanding of the reserve risk model simulation software
· Assisting with the annual updates to the Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) scenario modeling
· Assisting Group Risk Management team in the evaluation of the annual Budget / Planning cycle
· Providing support for various ad hoc projects and special requests
· Preparing, performing and analyzing actuarial studies, making appropriate recommendations to actuarial management
· Completing standard analyses with limited guidance, while also taking a higher-profile role in advanced analyses and special projects as needed.
· Actively communicating with and preparing presentations for Actuarial management and senior management as it relates to economic capital modeling, budgets & planning and ROEs, while directly reporting to the SVP & Actuary
· Working closely with various cross-functional departments
· 3+ years of experience working as an Actuary
· ACAS preferred
· Financial modeling (ECM) experience with capital modeling strongly preferred
· Pricing and Reserving experience preferred
· Strong working knowledge of a database query language such as SQL
· VBA programming, Remetrica and ResQ experience preferred
This role will be hybrid schedule, 2-3 days in the office with the remainder being remote.