Pension Consulting Actuary-9319
The Pension Consulting Actuary will provide pension consulting services primarily to multiemployer and public sector clients with some opportunities to manage corporate clients if desired as well. Pension consulting actuaries with single-employer experience who want to expand their skill set into multiemployer and or/public sector pension plans are welcome to apply.
On the job training will be available to the right candidate who wants to expand their area of expertise and beyond single-employer pension plans. Career path growth available to move to Principal Consulting Actuary position and co-lead client teams with another actuary. The ideal candidate will be an FSA with significant experience in pension consulting. While
the position is primarily focused on providing consulting services and managing clients, the successful candidate should be able to review actuarial results and pension work in detail.
• Enjoys presenting actuarial pension results to clients in a clear and easy to understand manner in order to help clients solve challenging problems;
Ability to work on multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Enjoys analyzing the results and digging into the numbers for accuracy (hands-on).
• Must be a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA);
• Must have experience with actuarial valuations for pension plans (e.g., required accounting reports, liability calculations, funding analysis, etc.); Taft-Hartley and/or public sector experience is a plus
• Must have experience thoroughly reviewing actuarial results in detail and enjoy being involved at multiple levels of the pension consulting work;
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, i.e., ability to communicate complex actuarial issues clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience;
• Must be able to work as a co-lead for client teams;
• Must be able to manage several complex projects and clients: i.e., manage deadlines and develop methodologies that work within deadlines and client-set budgets;
• Oversees the work of client team staff as well as mentor and train staff;
• Expertise in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Expertise in Proval is a plus
• Business development skills for Consulting Actuary
• Client travel required
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university is required
• At least ten years of pension actuarial consulting experience